Players influence and interact with the game’s world through their characters, who are the protagonists in Fractured Hope. The following section walks players through the process of creating a character, going over character sheet, reviewing what character stats are, discussing a character’s concept and backstory and how characters advance.
Step-by-Step Character Creation
1. Choose the character’s Class and Race.
2. Fill out the character descriptors (height, weight, hair, etc.) and backstory in the appropriate boxes on the character sheet.
3. Players start with 1 Stat Point, meaning they may fill in any level 1 Stat bubble of their choosing. Do this now.
4. Determine the character’s starting Health Points (see Character Stats and Data section). Write down this number on the character sheet in the ‘HP’ total section.
5. Choose a level one Class Skill from the chosen character class. Copy this onto the character sheet in the ‘Class Skills’ section.
6. Input the class initiative modifier in the class box of the ‘Initiative’ section on the character sheet.
7. If the Game Master has given out weapon(s), fill in the weapon(s) section on the back of the character sheet. Also, input the weapon(s) rating(s) in the appropriate area(s) in the ‘Combat Information’ section on the front of the character sheet.
8. If the Game Master has given out armor, fill in the armor section(s) on the back of the character sheet. Add all the armor points together and input this number in the Defense area of the ‘Combat Information’ section on the front of the character sheet.
9. Determine if characters will start with any Coin. If so, Game Masters may determine this amount independently or by rolling 2d10.
10. If the Game Master has given out any supplies write these down in the ‘Inventory’ section on the front of the character sheet.